Welcome to Alexandria Country Day School! Our ACDS community welcomes and supports our military students and their families from the Pentagon, Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall, US Army Garrison Fort Belvoir, Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling, the U.S. Coast Guard Headquarters, and other military installations in the National Capital Region.
If you are a military connected family preparing to move to the area, we would love to welcome you to our community and hope to make school transition as smooth as possible.
Planning your arrival at Alexandria Country Day School
Frequent moves are often part of military family life and enrolling in a new school can be challenging. However, at ACDS, we will work with your family through the admissions process to ensure a seamless transition and experience. We understand that every military transfer is unique, and our admissions team will work with your family to provide individualized assistance along the way. If you are unable to come to our campus, live or virtual tours can be arranged at your convenience.
For families with military orders planning a move to the DC Metro Area, contact Liz Hendrickson, firstname.lastname@example.org, Director of Admission and Financial Aid to initiate the admission process.
Once enrolled, our experienced faculty and staff are dedicated to creating a nurturing environment to facilitate a smooth transition for students and family members. In addition, newly enrolled families are provided an ACDS host family who is ready to welcome you into our community with information about our school community, school events, and the local area.
Preparing your move from Alexandria Country Day School
- Alexandria Country Day School maintains student records in compliance with laws in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the federal government.
- Once orders have been received, please contact the school office. We are happy to assist military families with registration at their new school at their new military post.
- Upon request from the new school, the official student records will be forwarded.
Academic Planning for Military Families
Walk into any ACDS classroom and you’ll see students actively developing academic, athletic, artistic and interpersonal skills. Guided by experienced and dedicated teachers, students are challenged to explore, reflect, collaborate and solve open- ended problems.
Visit these links to read more about our academic programs for your child:
- Lower School: https://acdsnet.org/our-program/lower-school/
- Middle School: https://acdsnet.org/our-program/middle-school/
- Communications Program: https://acdsnet.org/our-program/communication/
- Social Emotional Learning: https://acdsnet.org/our-program/social-emotional/
School Resources for Military Families