We are so happy that you are interested in investing in an ACDS education for your child during the vital kindergarten through eighth grade years.
We are committed to making attending ACDS possible for students from a broad range of economic backgrounds, and offer assistance through payment plans and need-based financial aid. Currently, 29% of our families receive over $700,000 in need-based financial aid. If you are hesitant to apply to ACDS because of financial considerations, please contact our Director of Admission & Financial Aid to discuss how an ACDS education could be affordable for your family.
2019 & 2020 Tuition & Fees
Tuition K – 2: $30,320
Tuition 3 – 5: $31,320
Tuition 6 – 8: $33,700
Association of Parents (AP) Dues: $100
Optional Additional Fees:
• Hot Lunch, Pizza Fridays only, or Milk only plans
• A.M. Care from 7:00 – 8:00 am
• P.M. Care from 3:00 – 6:00 pm
• Bus transportation, both round-trip and one-way
Tuition includes books, most supplies, field trips, and sports teams. There are no hidden fees.
Please contact Robert Powers, Business Manager, at email@example.com, for current costs for Lunch Plans, A.M. and P.M. Care and Bus Transportation.
Annual Payment: Payment in full is due on or before July 1.
Trimester Plan: Three Payments due June, September and January.
Monthly Payments: Ten equal payments beginning in June.
We work diligently to ensure that an ACDS education is as affordable for as many families as possible. Our team is available to help guide applicant families through the financial aid application process. As in everything we do, we strive to treat every family with care and respect for the individual. Please do not hesitate to contact our Director of Admission & Financial Aid with questions at anytime.
ACDS uses Financial Aid for School Tuition (FAST), an independent third-party, to process our financial aid applications. Based on the financial information you provide, FAST gives us an estimated amount your family can contribute to educational expenses which helps us make fair and objective financial aid decisions. Provided your financial circumstances do not change, you should expect to receive a similar percentage of financial aid the entire time your child attends ACDS.
To apply for Financial Aid:
- Please complete the ACDS FAST Financial Aid Application by February 14, 2020.
- Submit your IRS Form 1040, W-2’s, and state taxes: Upload a digital copy or mail a signed copy of your 2019 IRS Form 1040 with all schedules, state taxes and your W-2’s to FAST by February 28th. FAST scans in the tax information to the FAST application. Financial aid decisions will be made once the financial aid file is complete.
FAST Processing ISM 1316 North Union Street Wilmington, DE 19806-2594
- Submit signed IRS Form 4506-T (Request for Transcript of Tax Return form) to the Financial Aid Committee at: Alexandria Country Day School 2400 Russell Road Alexandria, VA 22202
Newly admitted families will be notified of the financial aid decision on the same day as the admission decision provided that the FAST application and all required supporting tax documents have been submitted by February 28th.
Download our complete financial aid policy below.